Tomorrow is the first of the discussions. I feel as ready as I can be. I am nervous and tense. I am not worried about where the discussion will lead toward a vote - rather I am worried about the actual discussion. I was warned to not bring the kids to the meeting because it could get tense with a lot of anger going in my direction because I am the easiest one to be upset with. The kids will be at my mom's house during the meeting. But, this makes me anxious.
I can already see that one of the suggestions will be along the lines of, "Fire the pastor and get a new one." I know this because of the postcards that came back. We got 7 postcards back in the mail. 3 of them said something long those lines. Once was blunt and to the point, "we need a new minister", the others were more along the lines of "we need more upbeat sermons and the pastor did not give us the full 3-5 years promised for turn around" and "there is a personality conflict with the pastor and the people." But, with that 3 of the cards simply said, "close the congregation". And, one card had a plan for the sale of the building and a new ministry.
Prayers please for me, my family and the congregation.

No comments:
Post a Comment