The council meeting tonight had two major items on the agenda - meet with the realtor and write the wording for the resolution that will be mailed to the congregation tomorrow.
I did not tell the council I had a relator come and do an analysis - although my council president did know. I did not want people to jump to conclusions that I was getting sale quotes because I was certain that the congregation would be closing. Instead I recognized that we needed to be realistic and have a workable quote in case the congregation turns down the vote to close and we needed to have something in the works so that we could start the process right away if the congregation does vote to close. I knew I had to take the lead in this area.
The realtor brought his price analysis to the council. Some people on the council were not happy with the price, it was much lower than they anticipated or expected. We had some conversation about how the realtor got to the number and he was very patient with the council. He never got defensive and instead spoke facts and numbers. The council agreed to fix some of the issues the relator though would lower the value of the sale - like mold and asbestos. The council also agreed to get in touch with him the day after the vote to put the building on the market.
The meeting was a little more laid back than I expected. I think the council is ready to start the process. It seems productive.
No comments:
Post a Comment