Friday, January 13, 2012

Selling a Church Building - Part 6: Showings

Today was the second real estate showing of the church building. I was on vacation for the first one, so this is the first showing I did. My council president said that she would join me so I wouldn't have to do it alone because it was really hard on her last week when she did one alone.

I'm glad she came! I answered the door and I swear, no less than 40 people come through the door. It was the entire worshiping body of a nearby congregation. Wow, a little overwhelming! But, it actually ended up being kind of fun. All the people were very nice and there were so many questions coming at both me and the Council President that we didn't have an awkward moment in the showing at all.

It was a little odd having people in my office opening the closet door, touching the built in bookshelf to see if it's sturdy, trying to eye the size of the space. It was kind of sad to hear some of the people stand in the worship space or the fellowship hall talking about how they would move things around or change things. It was nice to hear about the kinds of ministries that they would see happening and them asking why were a leaving with genuine concern.

I know I have many more showing ahead of me. I hope it's not always 40 people at once, I doubt it will be. I am kind of glad the first one was a little chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment